8.11.2006

my bathtub wants me dead

the transition step from outside the bathtub to inside the bathtub is very difficult. every morning i see my life flash before my eyes as my foot slips under my weight. this morning, i slid about half a foot before i managed to clutch the sink in desperation. seriously, the walls of the tub are really high and really narrow, and i'm sure the degree of curvation is abnormal...the flat part of the tub seems very small. to get in, i hafta go on tiptoe of my left foot and land on tiptoe of my right. this is why more litigous societies are better--they make friendlier bathtubs! if they were worried at all that i might fall and sue them, i wouldn't hafta suffer thus.

last night i dreamt that i was grocery shopping with atong and nancy. at one point, i asked atong a question, and she gave her atong shrug, but then words started scrolling across her belly (just like the stock ticker that i walk past every morning), and the words said all the things that she was thinking. her thoughts were very insightful and funny (just what you'd expect from quiet people who look perpetually bemused). i spent a lot of dream-time laughing at her thoughts. it was terrific. maybe the dream is linked to the advent of her blog.

No comments: