9.06.2006

some things really are better than sex

if i never come back to the states, it'll be for the eggtarts. Oh My God, the eggtarts. i just had two, and i can't stop thinking about them. not even because i want more--they make me tv people Happy. the way mcdonalds is supposed to make me feel...like i'm part of something bigger. or maybe this grin is glued to my face because i just tripped over my pants and fell on my face while holding the heavenly eggtarts. luckily, the whole office saw me go down, so now at least everyone knows who i am. my desk laughed at me for a whole 5 min. amongst other training programs, they've promised to enroll me in the art of walking. little do they know that i really do need a lesson on balancing in these stupid shoes. well, at least i don't hafta pretend to be suave anymore. there's a load off my chest. so i had the eggtarts while laughing hysterically, and now their memory is infused with slap-happiness.

i don't know why incidents like these make me so happy...this is the fourth now. the first was when the van backed over my toe; the second = getting hit in the nose by the faking girl and bleeding all over myself during IM's; the third = falling out of bed and hitting my face on my bedstand; and now this. no one was even around to watch the bedstand incident, so it's definitely not for the attention. hehe, i love myself.

the girls in the office are trying to convince me to get fake eyelashes. not as a commentary on my eyelashes in particular, but because they all do it. speaking of facial hair, i had a dream that i had a unibrow. the entire dream consisted of getting ready for work, taking one last look in the mirror, and thinking, "hmmm...i should get that plucked." it made me very grateful for the weak eyebrows i have naturally. some might even say i'm proud of them. ~~

because everyone hates text posts (apparently), here are some pictures of greenwich (of mean time fame).

from across the thames.
you hafta tunnel under the thames to get there. it's kinda damp, very cool, and the closest you'll ever get to being a ninja turtle (especially if you foul up a couple of bikers along the way).
the cutty sark.

this picture doesn't do the view justice. that's canary wharf behind the white mansion. canary wharf, btw, is where i lived and 'worked' for a month.
this is the zoomed out version.
the observatory, wherein the Time is Kept.
one more picture of my temporary home.
the weather cooperated fully.
the witch's bridge the which i daily crossed (breath held, eyes crossed, unjinxed).
the danish. he reminds me of a wigged statesman of yore.
the swedish girls.
half of the asian crew.
the last supper.

No comments: