12.17.2006

pushy and grabby and the rest of those damned dwarves

i just got declared a minority in the US because i'm not white, in fact all non-whites in america are ethnic minorities...regardless of what the actual population numbers are. apparently, because white people were there first. this pisses me off a bit. white people do not own america. they were not there first. stop trying to take away my identity, fuckers. and all this from a brit.

and then someone came and took away my favorite toy.

i'm gonna sit in my corner and suck my thumb until i get a pony or some attention, whichever comes first.

8 comments:

aTong said...

what is your favorite toy?

lily said...

oh, some attention. sweet! my thumb was starting to get wrinkly. favorite toy is unimportant in the form, plus it only becomes favorite once someone takes it away. absence=fondness and all that truck.

Lori said...

so wait your favorite toy is a truck?

aTong said...

a dump truck?

lily said...

a fire truck! sheesh

Darlene said...

aren't asians the majority at MIT? Something like 33%, and whites are less than 30%, and then the rest are everything else? I think that was the case back when we entered.

I know I enjoyed being a minority when I got put on all-asian-plus-darlene lines last spring... I think that happened at least 3 times ;o)

Anonymous said...

i just got declared a minority in the US because i'm not white, in fact all non-whites in america are ethnic minorities...regardless of what the actual population numbers are.

Huh? The population numbers are, as of the last census:
Hispanics: 42.7 million
Blacks: 39.7 million
Asians: 14.4 million
American Indians and Alaska natives: 4.5 million
Native Hawaiians and other Pacific islanders: 990,000
Whites: 198.4 million

So the whole white-majority thing strongly correlates with population numbers. What am I missing?

lily said...

oh, it was just an argument, and we didn't actually know population numbers so she said that it didn't matter what the numbers actually were, but because white ppl were there first...