1.26.2007

R.I.P.

for once i'm staring into an empty weekend when i actually want a full weekend. that, boys and girls, means i'm finally getting enough sleep.

i wrote that on friday, and now its monday, and i'm e-x-h-austed. i don't even know what happened, really. friday i had some hotpot and ended up in an arcade. some guy told me the corniest joke ever about stupid divorcee barbie (she costs more than other barbies b/c she comes with ken's car,house,dignity,etc--i added the part about the dignity myself, so if you think the joke's clever b/c of that, don't)...seriously, it was so corny that it wasn't even pathetic-funny. you know what's pathetic-funny? what kind of cheese isn't yours? NACHO CHEESE! anyways...

the rest of the weekend i spent in ikea. both days, all day (not really). i don't know why ikea can make me feel so happy sometimes. it's like someone saying to me, "hey look, here's your life, and you can make it better for only $9.99, and right now, your life may suck, like you may have a really ugly plaid sofa, but here are so many options, and its up to you...you wanna be adventurous? go for that green shelf nestled amongst the dark wood..." yeah, i'm a sad person.

so coming down off my ikea high...i'm really tired, but i NEED to be around people...did i mention i'm sad? right. HEY! AT LEAST I DON"T TELL LAME JOKES ABOUT BARBIES!

everyone else got their bonus announcement today, but i won't get mine till i've worked for a full year (next july)...in compensation, my bossman bought me dessert! i love my team...even if they make fun of me because cancers are supposedly prone to obesity.

oh, and the point of this post...we've come together to say our goodbyes (here it lies) no one knew its worth, the late great daughter of...mother earth. (you guys are gonna accuse me of being nonsensical again, aren't you?). my uhlsport shorts have a huge rip down the crotch...and i think i'm too lazy to sew them back up...maybe when my mommy comes i'll make her do it (hehehe)...but i've bought replacement adidas black shorts (they're basketball). imagine my JOY when i found out they're REVERSIBLE and the opposite side is white! (i'm in the middle of a crazy white shorts fetish...especially white shorts that aren't see thru).

4 comments:

lily said...

maybe you're the human incarnation of my uhlsport shorts...you both walk around with holes.

Yelena said...

haha that was funny:). I am sorry about the shorts. My ulhsport shorts also have some holes out in front from the high ropes fiasco but I still wear them (in fact I am wearing them right now!). They are the best. You should still bring them to jazz fest.

lily said...

i'll bring them to jazzfest so they can reunite with their long lost uhlsport cousins...maybe the hole is due to loneliness (awww...).

i like that you have an experience in your life that you refer to as the 'high ropes fiasco'. it brings to mind images of you as a russian circus performer (before you became bigger than the avg).

Olivia/Liver said...

I'm sorry you're sad, dear! Can't wait until you come visit!