4.02.2007

home on the range

ah the return to america. so far, i've eaten a lot, shopped a lot, and planted myself firmly in front of the tv. the joys of the homeland. i can't believe how much i've missed SVU, and all these random sitcom shows...when i look at tv guide, i feel like i've won the lottery (happy gilmore is on tuesday!).

speaking of which, i won the lottery! WOOHOO!! it happened just as i imagined...i needed change for the pay phone, so i bought a 1 dollar scratch lotto thingy...i needed to match one of the six numbers to the serial number. the serial number was seven...lucky lucky...at the first number, i was hopeful...5. the next one was 1, then 3, then 1 again...only two more...come on lucky 7! and then, on the last scratch...it wasn't 6, it wasn't 8...i won! i won! 7, you fearful beast, they told me you 89, but i didn't respect, yo. now, i believe! i was shitfaced grinning when i went to the register to claim my $3. baby steps. next time, i'm shooting for $5. after paying parking, i was still fi'ty cents in the blue. HOOHA!

i love this photo. thank you minwah, the disc seems to love your face. i think you should use it as your facebook photo. and some more of the kiddies that i just had to share...i love this team.

can someone give me some names to go with the new faces?

dor-dor loves her sauces. saucy wench.

phne-ne, not so much.


anyways, the spring in GA is really pretty. every tree in my neighborhood is in bloom. and its not that gag me blooming of botanical gardens...its dogwoods and oaks and light pink flowers. really relaxed.


6 comments:

Daphne said...

people from L-R:

top row: lindsay, minwah, adele, veena, wuisiew, catherine, doris
bottom row: karen, erika, me, meri, amy

we acquired a lot of grad students this year -- adele, wuisiew, karen, and meri. lindsay is CME, you know minwah, and amy is our lone freshman.

and the picture of minwah is amazing. i cant believe keith actually got it on camera. :o)

aTong said...

how long are you in the us of a??

lily said...

till sunday.

Lori said...

I got your postcard and it was amaaazing and I heart you. It totally made my day. PS I am still Lori Eich, cause Lori Lueck is a weird name.

lily said...

oh good..i agree that lori leuck is kinda like a charlie brown character that likes to spit a lot.

minimousetrap said...

oh my, i feel like that picture will go down in history. she came down on me with the frisbee!! *sigh* but it was great how i called an injury and no one had to ask what happened : ) heh

and no, i will not put this picture on facebook. it's too violent for my tastes.