4.10.2007

the world is a dangerous place

today i hurt myself in the shower with the shampoo dispenser. yes, i was that desperate to apply apply apply rinse reapply. long haul flights always make me feel icky, and yes, i'm bathing about 12 hours after my flight...but hey, no one likes rewashing hair within 12 hours of washing hair...which is my way of saying i didn't want to shower and then shower again after spinning class. right, so i was at the gym, in the stall with the extra tall shower head (not that i'm extra tall, but it's a special stall and it makes me feel special and greedy when i have it, my precious, all mine, screw you actually-tall ppl...its kinda like how ppl like to use handicap stalls even tho they're not handicapped, unless, i guess, if you're a hoverer in which case the extra tall toilet must be a nuisance--personally, i only hover in chinese restaurants (and equally sketch situations) b/c chinese ppl are known to hover and the seat is usually already pissed on anyways--and yes, i did compare tall ppl to handicapped ppl, take that! and no, of course i'm not bitter that i'm...not as tall as either of my parents, sigh).


ahem. so i was pushing the button for my normal 10 counts of shampoo (shush, the stuff is awfully weak, so don't talk to me about ecological footprints and such truck), applied, decided not enough suds, went for another 10 counts, but i got cocky, oh yes, hubris invites the fall yet again. but no, i didn't fall...it's a figurative fall. instead of using my left hand to push and my right to collect, i used my right to do both, and BAM! around count 9 (or 19 cumulative), my thumb slips hard and bangs (BANG) into the...something...i'm actually not sure exactly what happened, but it led to a world of pain and whimpering and now my thumb is bruised under the nail. it doesn't actually hurt unless i press on it, which means its pretty out of the way, except when i grip a frisbee...which you know, i like to do every once in a while. so f'ing a, league is gonna be painful tomorrow. boo. i hate pain. which is why i do dangerous things like this:

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yessss pictures of dirt biking Lily! I love it!