12.04.2007

he's on my list

every time i touch my forehead, i think of mike ying. mike ying is the bastard who winged a disc into my forehead on sunday. we had just finished talking about how we should throw to the wide open people, regardless of their field position. i was cutting in, and i was wide open. i guess subconsciously, at least, he remembered our talk. he wound up for a HUGE backhand, released in some crazy ass bladey way, and the disc ended up embedded in my forehead. actually, i managed to raise my left hand in time, so the disc hit my thumb really hard and only glanced off my head pseudo-hard. but still, hard enough to bruise. i got up and tackled him. but still. fucking mike ying.

(incidentally i touch my forehead a lot more than i realized)
(what is it with me and backhand injuries? my elbow is still crappy in a way that won't let me straighten completely. dr laura, pls help).

(jon and i (think we) saw the bat signal the other day. they're filming the new batman in hk, and there was this huge crane with a huge skylight right outside my apartment. so we didn't see the actual bat signal in the sky, but we could've seen the thing making the bat signal! wouldn't it be cool to be a movie set engineer? you've got 3 days to make something that makes the bat signal: ready, steady, go!)

No comments: