12.04.2008

a collection of shorts

tonight is the equities xmas party, and it is supposed to get wild. they (as in, the MAN, as in, brady dougan) are firing a bunch of ppl next week, so this is our last chance to get something for nothing (even the stationary here is guarded by the group secretary--and next year, we, as in the lucky and industrious survivors of the next week cut, will have to pay 2lbs for our own daily diaries). if only i had practiced more in college, i would drink my bonus. as is, i will drink 1 shot of tequila (or equivalent), and sway wildly all the merry night.

and can i just say? i am glad the car unions are making concessions.

on my way to work yesterday, i slipped on a foot bridge and almost slide tackled a woman. luckily, she pulled up short, so i merely fell on my butt, no harm done to anyone. she was so shocked though that i ended up apologizing repeatedly to her.

can erika and alice pls let me into their blogs? i'm back from my hiatus now...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yay you didn't get fired! I read on Bloomberg that London is taking a hit at your company, and I wrote a note on my to-do list: "Find out if Lily still has a job." Way to be a survivor, at least this far.

I agree about the car unions -- I think it's clear they understand that their alternative is to not be working at all.