6.26.2006

disjointed

nothing big, nothing new. but i miss school. i dreamt the other night that i was sitting in athena next to shuangy playing tetris. and then i saw kdob and gave her some rum. speaking of alcohol, FIVE of my friends are getting married this summer. well, one of them is my cousin in china (the rest = two from mit, one childhood chink friend, one high school friend). of the five, i only heartily approve of the two mit'ers (lori and kan).

tif (the high school friend) is settling. maybe. her boy is a fat, slovenly, crass drunkard. he's smart according to his lsats and his future (upenn law next year), but he has this awful need to prove himself. playing trivial pursuit with him was miserable. and i'm afraid his white trash past will make him a wife beater. whenever he gets provoked (as in ppl are teasing him good humoredly about, say, the mavs losing), he resorts to violence. he won't actually go so far as to hit someone, but he'll throw things and throw a tantrum. grow up willy boy. at the wedding shower, when he got a hammer as a gift, he called it a wife suppressor. in front of all her friends and family. um...classy. i didn't go so far as to threaten him (tif has enough burly southern men with shotguns behind her--according to their wives the guns are not for killing...only for shooting animals), but damn did i want to tell him i'd kick his ass. whatever. it's not really my place to disapprove. if he treats her well, that's that.

i finally saw eurotrip. made me think of yelena. very funny movie. i didn't think i'd like it so much. also saw da vinci code...it seemed they dumbed it down and left out a lot of the sacre femini stuff. what was up with the light up clues? it made me feel like i was in third grade watching arthur. and they turned sophie into a dumbass. in the book, she solves at least as many puzzles as the guy, but in the movie, more often than not, she's throwing her hands in the air, insisting she's not a guardian. ironic, in a movie centered around the female role in christianity.

did mcdonalds come out with a chicken biscuit in other parts of the country too? or is it only for the south. if it's only in the south, it's a pointless thing to do...they'll never beat chik-fil-a. NEVER! but if its for all 48 states, i'm so excited! saweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, I was mentioned in your post! btw I discovered your workout posts yesterday and read them all, I was very excited. Oh, and nemesis finally replied, I think I'll be able to play with them!

Kathy said...

Yay, I was also mentioned in your post! Rum's not bad. I would have been very greatful.

Lunch today? Tomorrow? Let me know.

(Yay for playing with Nemesis, Yelena!)

Lori said...

Yay, I was mentioned in your post too! So apparently Chik-Fil-A had a Cow Appreciation Day, where if you go in dressed as a cow, they give you free stuff....and I missed it! I had it in my to-do list and I totally forgot to check my to-do list! I'm bummed. It would have been amazing. I would have mooed.