8.30.2006

Courtesy of www.postsecret.blogspot.com
It reminds me of both cchu and yelenag, thus it is a good picture, and a good picture it is. instead of saying blah blah blah, my boss of the moment says lalalee lalala. is it a swiss thing?

i've told my apartment hunting lady that i'm only interested in two areas of hk...midlevels (really close to work and bars) or causeway bay (really close to frisbee). seems that my priorities haven't changed much.

pickup last night had lighted grass fields. felt like we were playing in a stadium. people play very...uh...politely? no picks, no fouls...a couple of travels but what can you do. it took me a while to get used to the heat and the humidity...and we were playing at 9 pm! playing during the day must be death on a pale horse.

i've instituted my master plan: i told them i'm a deep (mwahaha). accordingly, i went deep twice to score in the endzone (granted, the d was sparse and perpetually fronting...but then again, most ppl front on me anyways). i also threw two backhand deep scores (to the same guy...he played for the wisconsin b team, and he communicates really well. i threw one that was going OB and he greatest'd it to this kid in the endzone who fumbled it thrice before finally catching it one handed!--most exciting play of the game). the rest of the post will be about my awesomeness at pickup: i laid out twice (caught one), completed a hammer in the endzone, and got a poachy d.

playing with these kids will prolly hurt my consistency. there was another new girl (canadian, ambassador's wife), and she was a really good, really reliable handler, but i don't think anyone appreciated her as they should've. i mean, she played much better than i did (o and d), but i played flashy and she played consistent. and in pickup, i guess flashy wins. maybe next time, i'll work on playing d the whole game...haha, maybe next time i'll be in shape to play d the whole game.

1 comment:

lily said...

my blog makes YOU feel sad? YOUR blog makes ME feel sad. at least you get details about my life. i work twelve hour days doing nothing. thus, i blog.