9.09.2006

sick

something from the temple st night market made me sick. i'm sad because i was all set on taking cliff and laura there. i suspect it was the curry squid on a stick...meh, it was worth it. i'm not dead yet.

i'm discovering i have standards after all. i won't eat lettuce with bugs in it. sometimes nondescript meat grosses me out. and i refuse to buy fake swiss army knives. along with my new found standards comes a nostalgia for the days before, when i could eat food off kresge and not worry about consequences. i've walked past numerous fruit stands because fruit flies swarm too readily. i guess i'm buying all of my food from city super (that's the equivalent of a very expensive trader joes).

yesterday, while i was wallowing in self-pity, slight fever, and the fear of dengue fever (which apparently you catch via mosquitos and not from poisonous food), an intense wave of homesickness hit me. it was really hard to pinpoint what i missed exactly. wilg cookies? microwave meals? not having to wash fruit? my invincibility. in response, i bought some sunkist prunes, skippy peanut butter (crunchy), and soda crackers. i hope they help.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe what I'm reading! I never thought you would be one to turn down anything edible. Or even formerly edible. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm not going to worlds (saving my days off for my honeymoon). I'd play with Slow White though if I did, since I qualified with them. Although I play a hell of a lot better with Mischief, so I dunno how I'd swing that. Good thing I'm not forcing myself to make a decision.

aTong said...

stay strong! the latest nobel prize winner in medicine found a buggy that causes acid reflux. beware of the buggy. and other buggies.

what is your new address?