10.14.2006

i ran into the homeless woman again. i didn't give her any money this time, because she isn't entitled to the expectation. is she entitled to the hope? when $20 can grant a wish, who am i to refuse it, to judge it? i spent $700 on my bathroom wicker. i spent $300 on the week-long orchids. what is $20 to me? what is it to her? i don't dare address the world's poverty. but she doesn't belong to the world. she belongs to me, my daily commute. she's not dirty, she doesn't do drugs. she could be someone's grandmother. i saw her drinking water the other day. she's real. if $1000 could buy her dignity, i would do it. but who am i to blush at other's misfortune? who is she?

2 comments:

Reeholio said...

Hi Lily,

Good on you for doing such a good deed. If only everybody were to do the same.

Thanks for your interest at A World of Bloggers. I have given you the Kong Kong spot since you are blogging from there. Don't forget to link back to it.

Regards, Rhys

Anonymous said...

I applaud your charitable heart! (beginspam) Dare to address world poverty: www.oneacrefund.org (endspam).