10.18.2006

S's

well henri, i'm finally busy at work. are you happy now? i enjoy work the way one enjoys gum...it's not ecstasy, but it offers satisfaction without requiring emotional involvement: just keep chewing. i'm picking up more britishisms. does one fancy this or that? i curse with the flippancy of a soulless street child.

a boy invited me to learn scuba diving in the phillipines over xmas...which would be awesome, except i'm afraid of romantic undertones in a commital way, and i find myself rivaling yang in fear of such things. i don't get much time off anyways, so it's a moot point. maybe because i need to ape maturity at work, my innards have shed skins to reveal a slippery seal. that's the best i can do to describe my mental state...like these years will leave no mark, a blank time in my life, so don't get attached, don't let it out...catch me if you can. (you can't--i'm the gingerbread man)

if only i could will myself to sarasota, where things matter, where people are real. giants moving amongst men. listen: your heart pounds within me.

5 comments:

Mina said...

I am jealous of your anime channel. Then again, if I had access to it here, I'd never get any homework done >.<

And you're not the only one to think I'm silly. I really have no idea why! I think I'm perfectly normal :P

aTong said...

slippery seal is how i feel about DC. who knows where i will be next year? it is a bit disconcerting to live year to year without knowing what's coming up next.

but scuba diving sounds cool. especially around islands. live it up. you're in a cool place with opportunities abound. what happened to wind surfing?

Anonymous said...

1. see comment on linda xanga
2. check your xanga
3. see link to blogspot
4. paste link and go
5. read top entry
6. read "... except i'm afraid of romantic undertones in a commital way, and i find myself rivaling yang in fear of such things."

what the freak. haha. hello lily.

lily said...

who are you anonymous? haha, all adventures are being put on hold till post-worlds.

lily said...

4 hours? that's weak. i can go for at least 6.