11.20.2006

twice in a day!

i'm feeling sorry for myself because i don't get thanksgiving off. it's literally my favorite holiday ever (well, that and the superbowl). the whole thing revolves around food and football! there's absolutely no guilt, no presents, no obligations. just cooking and eating and goodwill. for one day, everyone has a license to feed.

wilg spoiled me. i loved hanging in the kitchen all day, sitting around the chopping block, picking giblets from the turkey, picking stuffing from the pot, eating predinner clam dip. just sniffing things. man oh man. last year i went to three tday dinners. THREE. i am the king!

this year? i'm working hard to organize a few americans to pull together a small meal. it's rough because no one has an oven and everyone has to work. we might have to settle for rotisserie chicken and scalloped potatoes out of a box...i don't even know if hk sells cranberries, but I AM DETERMINED to eat something american this day of days (and to eat a lot of it). if that means scarfing a dozen pb-banana sandwiches, so be it. hrumph. this is my revolution. join me my brothers!

1 comment:

minimousetrap said...

not even goldfish in cereal? i guess that's more lily food than american food ;)