2.14.2007

more sloppiness

today is shaping up to be a crappy crappy day. i've made a million mistakes at work, just barely avoiding losing money. maybe they should put up hazardous signs around my desk. i haven't felt this worthless since 003. the only thing i've eaten today is an apple and a slice of greentea cheesecake from the mandarin (which elaine got for her birthday). well, that and a fruit rollup.

which brings us to the bright spot: alicia and jon got me two boxes of fruit rollups from olivers and delivered them to my lobby! i was smack in the middle of finding out about/standing up to/trying to clear up The Blunder when they arrived so i couldn't go down to meet them, but they left the fruit rollups with our receptionist. Brian, a team member, later delivers them to my desk, whereupon the WHOLE FLOOR erupts in OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH. they might as well have started to chant, "lily has a boyfriend". i swear, these ppl are worse than grade schoolers. my face turned bright red, and no amount of explanation would persuade them that my bag contained fruit rollups instead of love testaments. i was halfway to crawling under my desk.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hehehe...that is cute. hope tomorrow is a better day at work!