2.15.2007

cow eyes

i just walked by a pair...sitting on a counter...watching me. the shock was what got me. one second i was alone, minding my own, and the next they were there...watching me. you could see bits of blood where the optic nerve connected, but otherwise they were pristine, white, a bit deflated. you could imagine putting them in your mouth, bursting them with your gums--fish roe sashimi. the word Pair has never so aptly applied to the word Eyes. truly, were they a pair, crossed, one short of an ellipse but following me nonetheless..watching. I've called them Hedgar and Mae. Be good, HM watches.

4 comments:

aTong said...

do you eat them?

lily said...

me personally? no...other ppl...doubtful, but not sure...i think the only market for cow eyes is for dissection.

aTong said...

i would think eating a cow eye would be like eating a gusher. mmm..suprise liquidy center!

Olivia/Liver said...

Add cow eyes to the list of tourney snacks we're bringing to JazzFest.