3.22.2007

care package!

i just got a big box of goodies from lori + a lovely handwritten letter from laura, and now my desk looks like it swallowed a fun house and puked. i am so lucky to have such friends. care bear stare!

included in my sweet sweet package:

lori's wedding disc (YES! btw, why is jj holding a stick?)
some floppy pink tentacled "flying disc"
a wig!
a jar of PEANUT BUTTER! (EXTRA CRUNCHY!!!!)
ketchup from IN N OUT! (i told my coworker that in n out has better ketchup than hk, which sent her into a couple minutes of sputtering, "but but see? it's still from heinz, it's still from heinz!"...i did a good job of holding my ground on in n out supremacy).
pom poms--this sent my coworker into a spiral of jealousy. she's always wanted to be a cheerleader (upon which we learned that we both liked sweet valley high as kids, and we both preferred elizabeth to jessica). presents are always better when someone else wants them too.
squeezy toys (my favorite of which is the gas barrel...it reminds me of the tmnt's).
and did i mention, a lovely letter from laura with pink flamingo stickers.

now lori, i will finally send you that postcard i wrote while hungover. thank you thank you. you always knew how to make me feel like a kid (with a fairy godmother--the good kind, not the shrek kind).

3 comments:

Lori said...

I heart you, Lily.

The stick is actually a pitchfork, cause we're from Iowa. The fork part of the pitchfork kinda got lost in the design. We were going for a vague, twisted rendition of American Gothic.

Olivia/Liver said...

Flamingo stickers, ey...?

lily said...

she said you gave them to her. she didn't give me the whole pack, just two stuck on the envelope. don't worry, she didn't regift your stickers.