3.07.2007

priorities and judgments

i now have two controllers + two nunchucks + 4 games for my wii (dbz, need 4 speed, super monkeyballs, wii sports). in exchange, i have much less sleep.

my friend jon has a new flat with a new ps3. in exchange, i have much less sleep.

last friday, moms and i journeyed back to the motherland, good ole PRC. something about the mainland makes me happy. maybe its the public service announcements in mandarin then cantonese instead of cantonese then mandarin. maybe its the cheapness, the sketchiness, the look-out-or-you'll-lose-your-nose-ness...whatever it is, its home (or at least home in a way that hk is not).

despite the ceremony of 1997, hk is not china. how can i tell? there are no (one speed) bikes on its streets (ppl here only bike for sport). the cheapest meal still costs around 20hkd (as opposed to 8 rmb). taxis follow traffic regulations. i rest my case.

you know what's weird? i miss chinese food. like real chinese food...well, maybe northern chinese food. man oh man.

well, i thought maybe this post would go somewhere, but now i'm suddenly starving, so toodaloo, and i'm gonna go grab my subway from the fridge. yeah, told ya this isn't really china.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Well, this isn't chinese food, but boy oh boy did finding this photo set remind me of you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettlider/sets/154249/

lily said...

i had to stop looking at those pics because my mouse got too slippery from my drool and i couldn't click properly.