9.26.2006

mind the gap

the walk to work showcases many well-dressed women falling down my hill (i.e. the hill upon which i live). they don't really fall--they loose-legged, swing-hipped stride down it with matching floppy arms. their drunken march somehow brings umbrellas to mind--one feels that that they are carrying invisible umbrellas. one feels reminded of magritte and his "it's raining men" picture (my name, not his). my hill daily rains women.

laura and cliff have left, leaving me alone with stefanie and monty python. a couple days hence, stefanie too will go. laura approves of my new accomodations, which makes me feel more secure. i think i'll see them soon. boston still is my real world. here, i'm floating in a dream. when summer ends, hong kong will melt away, and i'll find myself perched atop a flour container in the wilg kitchen, talking frisbee. although, neither laura nor cliff live in boston anymore. i guess boston is a group of people frozen in time, no longer a locale, no longer available. sigh. an ice structure in my head. will time melt the edges? it's inevitable, isn't it.

haha, on a much more positive note, laura and i are life partners. we're planning a grand canyon trip together! hoorah! come one come all...

3 comments:

VirginWhoCantDrive said...

I just saw you commented on a post of mine awhile back. Yeah, i'm a little slow. So thanks! And you're on my links list now. Beware!

Erika said...

Ah yes, the flour containers at WILG. We got new stools that don't make you think you're going to fall off. Although now there's so many people coming in from sports at 7 that we don't all fit in the kitchen and we eat in the dining room. So yeah, even the seats at WILG are no longer the same. And without you in the house, the food studs have stopped ordering frozen blueberries.

aTong said...

i can imagine trying to knock over the wobbly women walking down the hill with a bowling ball. fun new sport? perhaps too many video games involving big sticky balls...

lily! thanks for the watch =)